This is an example of a recipe blog post.
Chopped Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 green apple chopped
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Maple Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 2 small shallots roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1.5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash brussels sprouts and cut in half. Place into the bowl of a food processor and chop until thinly shaved or chopped, your preference.
- Wash and remove stems from kale. Use the food process or knife to chop the kale into small pieces.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl, reserving some of the nuts and pomegranate seeds for garnish. Add dressing to salad and toss until well combined. Top with reserved nuts and seeds.
- Cover and let marinate in the fridge for about an hour before serving.